Common Questions - What is the PTA?
According to the national Parent Teacher Association (PTA), "the PTA's mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children". The Baywood PTA is dedicated to complimenting the educational experience of every child that attends Baywood Elementary. The Baywood PTA is a member of the San Mateo Foster City PTA Council with each of the twenty schools within the District represented by their respective PTA officers. Each PTA is a registered 501(c)3 organization and staffed 100% by volunteers. Membership is open to any family that would like to participate.
The Baywood PTA includes an Executive Board that meets monthly during the school year. The Executive Board is responsible for governing the organization to include appropriation of funds and strategic leadership. The Baywood PTA prides itself on partnering with administrative and teaching staff at the school to maximize the PTA's effectiveness in enhancing the education of every child. Each fundraiser and program is headed by Event Chairs that are responsible for the budget and execution of their respective event. Please refer to http://baywoodpta.org/board_chairs for a list of your PTA leaders. Looking to get involved? See "How do I get involved" in the Common Questions.
A lot! Check out a sample of the programs that the PTA funds listed on the Fundraising page
1) Check out the leaders page at http://baywoodpta.org/board_chairs and reach out to the chair directly if there's a program or fundraiser you'd like to be involved in,
2) write to Presidents@baywoodpta.org,
3) check in with your child's Room Parents,
4) ask your child's teacher,
5) ask Mrs. Driscoll, Ms. Robert or Mrs. Laughlin.
Want to be a chair of a program or fundraiser next year? Or serve on the PTA Board? Please contact:
- Programs: VPPrograms@baywoodpta.org
- Fundraisers: VPFundraising@baywoodpta.org
- Board: Parlimentarian@baywoodpta.org
We look forward to hearing from you!!! And, remember, leaders in the PTA are just like you! They are dedicating their volunteer time committed to nurturing our school community.